So it has been 1 week since Lana was born — wow! time seriously does fly! Here are some pics from today and the past week.
No not the band! So it has been quite a while since my last post. Mostly because I have been swamped, but I am going to try and change that. Post more things about systems stuff I do on a day to day basis.
So back to the post! My wife (Luciana) and I had a baby daughter named Lana yesterday. So I am going to post a couple pics of her so that friends and family can see.
I feel talkative today…
Anyway, last night I get home and walk towards the front door and get screeched at by what looks to be a baby bird of some kind. It was there pacing back and forth and trying to jump on the walls. I felt really bad for it being all lost and alone and small — it stood about 9 to 12in high, and was a fuzzy gray. So I was pretty sure it was a baby, just not sure what kind. So I tried to take a picture of it via the iPhone, but it reminded me of those UFO pictures — the ones that you kinda see something, but you are not sure what it is. When I download pics from the phone, I will make sure that I upload it here so you can see (or not) what I am talking about.
Until next time…..or later….
So Luciana and I spent pretty much the last two weekends cleaning (more like de-cluttering as we never REALLY have that dirty of a house). We basically freed up 1/2 of the garage that was taken by exercise equipment that neither one of us use in addition to a bunch of shelve space from all the boxes we kept from things we bought over the past 3 years of living in the house. I must say it is very nice having all that extra space.
We also decided to re-arrange the living room by basically swapping the love seat from one side to the other. I must say that I am truly surprised what a difference it makes just changing the little things. This was more of a feat than it may seem. I will break it down a bit for you. We basically had to take everything off of the entertainment center, then take everything off the rug that is lying there in front of it. We then shifted down the entertainment center a foot or two and then was able to move the love seat and chairs to their opposite sides. Once that was done, it basically was put everything back on the entertainment center and rewire everything. Ah the joys of having an LCD instead of a big tube screen — the difference of over 50 lbs — my back thanks you Samsung!
Ok, done for now…
[I will attach an image of the before and after of the living room once I get them off my phone]
So I was able to finish the build this past weekend. Once my friend Roger comes down in April, he will take much better pics. I will break it down more at that time into each of the sections that comprise the top coverings.
So I was able to get a couple hours in this past weekend. I am super swamped with work and used it to clear my head a couple times. I basically finished the underside of the Falcon. I have included a couple pics of the turret which has quite a few pieces. The top turret assembly is not currently attached yet. I guess this will come later.
I am currently on page 190 of 307 – Step 75.
I actually don’t know exactly how much time I spent on it this past weekend — I am just taking a wild guess. I was doing a number of things in between while building it — mainly MySQL loads on my laptop which is crazy slow compared to my production servers — I guess I should try increasing the memory usage, though that will only help for queries, not DDL changes — which is all IO really. Anywho, moving on.
I made it through step 60 — Page 119 of 307. 60 steps might not seem like a lot, but there are quite a few places where a single step is comprised of 10 – 20 sub steps. Or there might be repeat the these same 10 steps 7 times (as is was with the legs — made up of about 50 pieces each). I tried to give some extra pics of that.
Since I have a ton of work this week, I will be pretty much packing it up until the weekend most likely. The ship now has its primary structure in place, and for the most part, all that is left is all the coverings and details.
Here are a few more pictures of the sorting process. It took me a couple more hours, probably less if I did not run out of bag and have to do a little rearranging of the bags. I have finished the sorting I am going to start the building process. The last pic is that setup.
So I spent a little more than an hour tonight, but I was interrupted a few times, so all in all it ended up being a like an hour and 15 minutes. The story for tonight is more sorting. I think I have probably another 3 hours of sorting to do, which I may knock out tomorrow night — depends how tired I am. So I took a few more pictures of the sorting process. The last one of the boxes is basically the sorted pieces divided into “flats” in 1 box, “non-flats” in another box and “special” in yet another. This helps me find the bag quicker since I am limited on space when my mother-in-law comes over to stay the night. It also is nice to be able to “put things away” for the night.
So here are the pics:
So I got quite a bit more sorting done tonight. I also discovered that a few of the bags were the same, so once I started coalescing the similar bags, I gained quite a bit of traction. My sorting routine is as follows:
- Find the similar bags with similar parts.
- Sort the pieces in each bag individually.
- Once all bags are completed, then place them into the appropriate zip lock bag.
This has worked out well for me. Here are some pictures of the sorting process along with the catalog of pieces on the bed.